Sunday, March 20, 2011

Girl Code

     As women we are blessed to meet and become friends with other women who share similar interest and who also bring something different into our lives, OUR GIRLS! I have about 3 females that I consider my girls, I have their backs and I know that they have mine. I've had some experiences in the past when the girl code went completely out the window, sometimes due to my bad behavior and sometimes due to a friends bad behavior. Certainly in the past, the phrase girl code didn't have any meaning to it.
     First off lets define the phrase girl code. Girl code to me means, rules that are not meant to be broken especially when it comes to your friends. Rules like 1. Keepin it real at, all times. 2. Having her back, at all times. 3. And most importantly do not mess with her man, at all times. Why is it that the last rule I mentioned always seems to be broken. Well ladies I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, 1. Attention seeking, some women lets face it their night is completely ruined, not unless their ego is boosted. The sad part is, they probably don't even want that particular man they just want that particular fix. 2. Desperation, some women are afraid to be single for whatever reason they are willing to compromise friendships and relationships with people they care about just to have a connection with a man. 3. Jealously, ladies I say this as a warning, their are people in your life who claim that they care about you, but in their warped minds they are plotting against you and well sleeping with your man it's the perfect way to show you that you aint so perfect. I know this because, I've experienced all three senarios.
     I have been the girl who for that one night needed a guy to make my self esteem soar to the sky, no matter who it was and even if I knew he had a girl and even if possibly I knew who she was. There were times in my life where I tried to make connections with men who I knew use to date, mess, or even go with a girl that I knew, but hey I figured he's single, I'm single lets mingle. And I've had girls in my life purposely set out to destroy my connections with men just to spite me, (maybe it's karma).
     I know now it wasn't right, none of it. Ladies if a man is right for you, you wouldn't have to sneak, lie, or cheat just to be with him. You don't have to destroy friendships and relationships just to say you gotta man. And you certainly don't have to sell yourself short just to get your ego boosted.
     Have faith and patience that your perfect man meant just for you will appear at the right time, in the right moment. In the mean time learn ways to boost your own self esteem and own ego.
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment