Sunday, February 27, 2011

We break up and make up to make up and break up, aka (dysfunctional relationships) don't be a statistic.

            I know this blog is named "The life of a single girl", but there was a time when I was in a relationship or several for that matter, hell I used to be engaged. I've had my fair share of boyfriends, some were great and some, well lets just say not so much. I must admit to, I was not the perfect girlfriend either. In alot of my break ups I was the culprit. Have you ever been in a dysfunctional relationship or even a dysfunctional hook up? Most people have, including myself. The definition of a dysfunctional relationship is when two people who have no business being together hook up. For some reason dysfunctional people are always drawn to each other. It's like their issues compensate off each other and yes dysfunctional relationships are caused by peoples issues. When you bring baggage into a relationship whether it's daddy issues,  trust issues, or abandonment issues on top of whatever your mate is dealing with, well thats just a recipe for disaster. If your a Jersey Shore fan you would've seen the infamous fight  between Ronnie and Sam. I to once was that girl, always crying and angry because my then boyfriend wasn't ready to settle down, but for some reason he convinced himself that he was. But here's the situation was I really ready to settle down also.
         In my early twenties I had a boyfriend who to this day I still consider the love of my life. We were together for almost three years which I will add is the longest relationship that I have ever been in. The first year was awesome, the honeymoon stage you could say. We had what a relationship is supposed to have trust, honesty, and communication, what could possibly go wrong? Well alot did which is a whole other blog post, but anyway that next year was DRAMA!!!!!!!!! How could one year be like heaven to the next year being a living hell. I mean our relationship was like a terrible rollercoaster that fell off the tracks and headed straight into the ground to only blow up in our faces.
      If you have ever been a drama filled of a mess relationship, you could agree it is one of the most hardest relationships to get out of. When your in a dysfunctional relationship it's like the drama is a black hole and it's determined to suck your body, mind, and spirit into it's dark tunnel. Another reason why it's very hard to get out of a dysfunctional relationship is for some reason you wanna win the battle.The question is what battle, to see who can hurt who the most because thats all it boils down to. How at one point this person meant the world to me, I loved him, and I would've did anything to put a smile on his face. To all of a sudden wanting to plot revenge, lie, and make a fool out of him. How one day I loved this guy and couldn't wait to see his face, to smell his scent. To the next I hated him, wished I never had met him. But at the same time I still loved him, (so confusing). WHAT WENT WRONG, WHERE DID WE GO WRONG? The answer is, we both had issues. To be exact neither one of us was ready for what we were trying to accomplish which was a loving and mature relationship.
      Even though I'm older and have matured tremendously, I still have issues that I'm trying to work through, (also another blog post). I definitely wouldn't be a good girlfriend to any guy right now. The single life suites me just fine, ha ha. Here's the thing women we have to ask ourselves why do you want to be in a relationship. Second question ask yourself what are my issues, which you should know by now, but some of us are still in denial, (another blog post). Anyway moving on, and the last question to ask yourself is have you honestly worked through your issues and I mean HONESTLY. Ladies don't be a bag lady, I garantee your relationship will head south fast. If you are already in a relationship ask yourself this, Are you purposley plotting revenge on your mate, are you sticking to the arguement at hand, not using recent disagreements to hash out old shit (GET OVER IT). And most important when your not with him does your stomach cramp up. If you answered yes to all three you better reevaluate your relationship and take a good look in the mirror at yourself, and say my name is, and I have issues which is why I'm in a dysfunctional relationship. Once this is tackled the journey is up to you, whether you want to be in a mature and loving relationship or the alternative.
       
        

2 comments:

  1. Rondi this is exactly what i am goin through right now and i knwo what i need to do i enjoy reading your blogs thanks big cousin much love keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in a relationship like that before and like I tell my lil relatives or (young bucks) as you call them, when you can't stand the sight, smell, & looks of them, and can't stand waking up to them everyday then its ova. Turn ova a new leaf before the ugly gets uglier. Great post Rondi.

    ReplyDelete